Thursday 8 August 2013

Put a Scarf On It

Today's style prompt was scarves and I have so many scarves they are coming out of my ears. I don't really know how it happened... actually, yes I do... when ever I find a scarf in an op shop that is 100% silk and in a colourful/cute pattern, I snap it up. I have a huge variety of scarves to choose from, and to be completely honest I don't wear them enough.

A scarf can be worn lots of different ways (as a belt, in your hair, on your bag, around your neck, the list goes on!) but mine just seem to decorate the hat stand in the corner of my bedroom. It was exciting today to have to find a way to work one into my outfit.

I selected this great vintage Bill Blass scarf that I picked up at an op shop years ago. I really love the stripes and the bright primary colours, it can go with so many outfits! Today I went along with the striped theme and wore my vintage skirt which I bought in Berlin, it was 20 euros, but it has lady bugs embroidered on it!! The lady bugs where the selling point. Black and white stripe singlet I've had for awhile and can't remember where it came from and my red jacket is from an op-shop too. 

Instead of knotting the scarf around my neck or tying it in my hair I decided to drape it, almost like a necklace, and then I pinned it to my jacket with my little Felix brooch to keep it all in place. I think the effect is quite good and you can see the cool design of the scarf better this way. I might have been better off wearing it in my hair, it was so windy while I was taking these pictures, my hands are on my head in almost every single shot!

No comments:

Post a Comment