Sunday 11 August 2013

Colour Blocking

I'm going to be honest, I'm not very good at colour blocking. It was a huge trend last summer and I really tried to make it work, but I just get too excited by all the bright colours and can never quite get the combinations right. When I saw that the style prompt for today was colour block I was a bit worried, I didn't want to wear and blog about an outfit that looks terrible just for the sake of posting something.


I decided that the easiest way for me to tackle colour blocking Sunday was to keep everything relatively tonal. I started with my Pierre Cardin mustard coat. This is a fairly new addition to my vast array of coats. I love the structured shape of it and the colour is amazing. It's also 100% wool, so it's nice and warm. I bought it for $12 from one of my regular op shop haunts in Mosman Park.


Going along with the mustard theme, I put on my red leather skirt ($10 from Good Sammy's) and orange jumper (Vinnies). I think the mustard coat and orange jumper go together really nicely, I'm not sure if this counts as colour blocking, but I'm going to claim it any way!


After playing volleyball all weekend, my hair is a disaster, so I covered it up with my brown felt hat. I never used to wear hats because I have a really big head and I could never find ones that fit. I think this is an old mans hat, it fits my giant head perfectly! I have to remember to look out for more men's hats while I'm shopping! 

I couldn't not wear a pattern so I popped on my leopard print ballet flats from Seed which luckily match with my tonal colour blocking outfit. My orange ring is from New York. I'm happy with how this outfit turned out, colour blocking, you're alright!



No comments:

Post a Comment