Thursday 15 August 2013

Leather Tassels

The style prompt for today was leather, which I was really looking forward to. I have quite a few fantastic leather pieces that I have picked up at op shops over the years. This leather jacket adorned with tassel's may not be the most practical piece of clothing I own, but it sure is one of the most exciting!

I bought this incredible jacket at a thrift store in Morrow Bay, California. My brother and I did a road trip down the west coast of a America a few years ago and I dragged him in to every thrift store from Seattle to LA. Morrow Bay was one of our last stops before we got to Las Vegas and when I saw this jacket I just knew I had to have it, purely so I could wear it in Vegas... isn't it the perfect jacket for sauntering down Las Vegas Boulevard? I thought so!


The jacket is made out of the softest leather and I always feel like a million bucks when I slip it on. Today I wore it to the office with one of my many op shopped dresses. I've had this dress for years, I love the colour blocked blue and red and the big pearl buttons. It is super easy to wear all year round. 

My red brogues are Rachel Antonoff (I've worn them a lot lately, favourite shoes!!) and my black tights are Leona Edmiston. It was an incredibly blustery day and I had a lot of fun twirling around the in the wind, although I did get whipped by my tassels a few too many times!

No comments:

Post a Comment