Monday 26 August 2013

Denim Darling

The style prompt for today is denim, pretty easy right? Well I'm not a jeans kind of girl. Actually I hate wearing pants, I try to avoid them at all costs. I don't feel comfortable wearing jeans and I don't think they look very nice on me. That doesn't mean I don't love denim though! I have a denim jacket that I pretty much wear every single day during autumn and winter. Today I had to work so I thought I'd wear my new denim skirt, which is a darker denim and some how seems a little more 'work friendly'.


I have been on the look out for a button up A-line denim skirt for quite a while. Whenever I go op shopping I have a little wish-list of items at the back of my mind that I'm on the look out for. My list currently consists of a plain coloured sleeveless mini dress I can wear with my cute blouses, a denim pinafore, high waisted red pencil skirt and some brown men's brogues/loafers. For the longest time an A-line button up denim skirt was on that list.




I found this skirt at the Salvos in Fremantle for $6. It's the perfect colour denim I was looking for and it fits! I think it is a tad too long, so I'll probably hem it a little bit shorter. But until then, I'm happy with it.



I'm wearing my denim with a little red stripey button up top I got a few months ago from Freo Salvos for $3 (half price tag!) and an op shopped red cardigan I've had for a few years. I always wear these two tops together, they look like a perfect set! You'd never know I bought them years apart at separate op shops. My white flower pin is from Berlin and the yellow one is a home made femo creation. My shoes are from Asos.


No comments:

Post a Comment