Tuesday 13 August 2013

Knot Up For It

Today's style prompt is tie the knot, which automatically had me thinking of boats and stripes and nautical things. When I woke up this morning I just wasn't feeling very nautical, so I decided to go in the opposite direction and dress like a 1950s housewife with a little neck scarf to tie into the knot theme.

I picked up this dress at a thrift store in Seattle (it has a matching jacket too!), it was a dollar! I remember that because even for a keen op shopper like myself, getting a whole outfit for a dollar is pretty memorable. I have worn it so many times because it is just so easy to throw on and look good in. The skirt is a very flattering cut and the top (which I've covered up in these pictures) is plain black with a scoop neck and little cap sleeves. Perfection!  



I'm wearing my black ballet wrap (Flower), black flats (Kenneth Cole) and my vintage Oroton scarf tied about my neck. I secured the scarf with an little onyx brooch that belonged to my grandma.

I was just about to run out the door to take some pictures before work when I decided if I was going to wear a neckerchief (yes that's a thing apparently) then I might as well go the whole 1950s hog, so I threw on my crinoline underneath. I love the voluminous shape the crinoline creates, plus it makes my waist look smaller which is always welcome!


No comments:

Post a Comment