Tuesday 13 August 2013

Flower Power



This post is a day late, sorry about that, but I promise I wore this outfit yesterday! The style prompt for Monday was floral, which is easily my favourite print. My wardrobe is bursting at the seams with floral skirts, shirts, dresses and tops. I just love it! This dress is a classic which I picked up a Save The Children op shop in Alice Springs. I can’t remember how much it cost but it wouldn’t have been more than $5 (Alice op shops are the cheapest I’ve come across). It has a great large flower print with brilliant turquoise and pink petals. I layered on two turquoise necklaces to add a bit more interest to the neck line. The spiky necklace is from Diva and the other one is from the Eumundi Markets in Queensland.



The weather wasn’t great yesterday so I thought I’d take the pictures inside. This was also a good opportunity to take some quick snaps of my apartment. My boyfriend and I are moving out on the weekend, and I’m sad to go. We have lived in this shoe box apartment for 18 months now and, small as it is, I have loved living here. This has been the first place I have actually tried to decorate. Most of our furniture is op shopped, picked up from the side of the road, or donated to us by friends and family.




Our living/dining space is so small that I needed a tiny table, this one does the trick perfectly, I rescued it from the side of the road and painted it white. I bought the mirror heavily discounted from a furniture store because there is a tiny chip on one of the corners, you can’t even see it which is awesome. The ghost chairs are my favourite thing, they were very kindly given to us by my Aunt and Uncle. They are just so cool! We have four, but only two fit at the table, so I normally have them stacked. 




We are moving in with some friends to a huge fantastic house right in the centre of everything with views of the ocean (la de da!). It will be a great place to live, plus we will finally have enough space to have more than two people over at the time. I can’t wait to start having dinner parties! 

No comments:

Post a Comment