Monday 19 August 2013

Monochrome Madness

The style prompt for today is black and white. I don't really wear black very much, and I definitely never wear all black, but I do happen to have quite a bit of black and white patterned clothes. Today when I woke up I decided I didn't want to do a full monochrome outfit, so I decided to add a splash of pink to my otherwise black and white get up.


I'm wearing a new silk black and white striped shirt from Vinnies in Claremont. It was $5! I really like the faux pockets on the front, it gives the shirt quite a casual feel which is good. Because it is silk, it's very light weight and cool. I think it will be a great top to throw on over my bathers in summer. 


I paired my stripey shirt with my favourite pink skirt (vintage Katies from an op shop I can't remember). I have so much old school Katies stuff, I would never think of shopping in an actual Katies store but I find myself looking out for old Katies labels when ever I'm out op shopping. This skirt is just such an awesome colour, it goes with so much!


My outfit is completed with my op shopped black belt and Yeojin Bae wedges ($10 from RSPCA Palmyra store). Black and white has been one of my favourite style prompts so far. It is such a great base to create an outfit out of whether you are going to work, coffee with friends or a fancy event, just add a splash of colour to make it interesting and you are good to go.


No comments:

Post a Comment