Friday 2 August 2013

Double Dots

The Restyle Op Shop Challenge prompt for day two was polka dots... EASY! I love spots and dots and everything in between, I had many outfits to chose from this morning. Because I was heading to work I thought I'd go down the 'professional' route, so I paired my favourite polka dot pencil skirt (vintage Katies) with my new dotty blouse. 


 
The spotty patterns are both slightly different, but because they each have the same colour story they match well. I think that's the trick to wearing clashing patterns, as long as the colour story is the same in both patterns then it should work. That's my theory any way! 


I left my house at 5:30am this morning and just walked in the door at 9:30pm. I was worried I wouldn't get a chance to take any pictures of today's outfit, but my very obliging co worker agreed to quickly take a few snaps after we finished work. Yes, I work at the beach, it's horrible. Sorry there aren't many pictures, we were distracted by the waves and beers. 


Both my skirt and top came from the same Salvos store on South Street (my favourite op shop at the moment, it's SO big!). I bought them on different occasions though. My belt is also from an op shop, I've had it for years. Ballet flats and necklace are from K-Mart.


No comments:

Post a Comment