Thursday 31 July 2014

T’was The Night Before Restyle…

Oh my goodness Restyle starts tomorrow! If you still have no idea what I’m rabbiting on about then check out my Restyle explanation post or the Telstra Perth Fashion Festival website


Over the next four weeks I’ll be posting an outfit every day (yeh that’s 31 looks, I’m exhausted!) so make sure you swing by regularly to see what I’m wearing. Don’t forget to check out the other Restyle bloggers as well (their website links are in the side panel on the right). The seven blogs involved with Restyle 2014 are all SO different. We all have varied styles, passions, interests and strengths, it will be really interesting and inspiring to see how the other girls interpret each of the prompts.  


The next four weeks are going to be a bit different to my normal blogging style. Usually, when I publish an outfit post, I’ve taken the pictures and worn the outfit that day or the day before, but due to the nature of Restyle and the frequency of posts I’ve had to pre-shoot each of the outfits well before they are actually published on In The Dress Up Box. I promise you that every outfit I’m sharing for Restyle is something I’d actually wear in real life. I’ve already worn a lot of my Restyle outfits, and I plan to wear the rest of them very soon. Meeting all of the Restyle prompts while staying true to my own style has definitely been a huge challenge (it was harder than I anticipated!) but it’s been such a fun process and I can’t wait to start sharing everything with you tomorrow.




Another difference you might notice is that I have given my camera remote a rest and called on my clever photographer friends to shoot my Restyle looks. I'll credit the photographer and the end of each post, so make sure you keep an eye out for it!



The very first prompt is Glitter, which is jumping straight in the deep end for me because although I do love my sparkles, I don’t wear much glitter in my everyday life. So check back in tomorrow and see how I’ve managed to make prompt number one work for me!

Jeans: Tory Burch
Jumper: Op Shop
Hat: Op Shop
Jacket: Garage Sale
Boots: Report
Earrings: Collette


P.S don’t forget to follow me on Instagram (@inthedressupbox) and share your own outfits using #Restyle2014

4 comments:

  1. Man, I have found some of the prompts really challenging too, I think I am happy wit most of the results, but it certainly has been a challenge. Looking forward to seeing your work Hannah. xx Jenelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree Jenelle! I'm still not happy with some of my looks and need to re think them. I didn't realise I had such a specific style until I was forced to try something different!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your blog and am loving it!
    You've definitely inspired me to try and do a little more op-shopping! I'm already a crazy bargain hunter so I don't know why I've never really gotten into it yet! :p Looking forward to seeing your restyle looks :)

    Lauren xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lauren! You should definitely give op shopping a go, it's so much fun! xxH

      Delete