Tuesday 10 December 2013

Holiday Packing

Isn't it a wonderful feeling when you have an excellent holiday but then don't feel so bad about heading home? As much as I could have lazed around my Balinese resort for another three weeks, I wasn't so sad about jetting back to Perth on Sunday night, so many fun things to look forward to in the next few weeks!


Let's back up a week and talk about holiday packing! I don't know about you, but it's something I get seriously excited about. As soon as I've paid for my plane tickets I start dreaming about what capsule wardrobe I'm going to bring with me. What will I wear on the plane? What shoes are versatile enough for the day to night transition? What accessories go with which outfit? It's all so much fun to plan and make lists and try things on and then pack! Am I the only one who does this?



Knowing I was heading to a very hot, humid place I had to plan my outfits well. Considering I tend to favour fitted clothing with a definite structure, working out a way to dress stylishly and comfortably in seriously sticky weather was quite a challenge. It may surprise some (and probably my boyfriend won’t agree) but I’m actually a very good packer. I try really hard to only pack things that can be easily mixed and matched, and rely on accessories to change the style of an outfit, rather than packing a million separate looks.




For this trip I packed two skirts and three little tie front tops which could all be worn together. Unfortunately I didn’t get a picture of the second skirt, but it’s this one here. I used a few carefully selected accessories (1 necklace, 2 scarves, 2 rings and 2 pairs of earrings) to take my outfits from day to night appropriate. I packed 3 dresses as well, this stretchy stripey one is so versatile (I’ve worn it here and here) and SO comfortable, it’s my go-to plane dress. I used my $2 tassel earrings to make it look a little fancy for sunset cocktails one night (check out my gorgeous Aunt as well!).





Everything I brought with me to Bali was op-shopped, excluding my shoes, jewellery and swim suits. I was really happy with all the things I packed and I didn’t feel like I missed anything (which is usually how I feel the minute the car has pulled out of the driveway for the airport), AND my suitcase was well under weight, which always makes me want to do a little cheer at the check-in counter!


I didn't take my tripod with me to Bali, so all of these pictures have been taken by the boyfriend (thanks Luke!)

No comments:

Post a Comment