Friday 29 August 2014

Restyle Day 29 - Texture

The use of animal fur in the fashion industry is a very controversial issue and rightfully so. I love the look of fur in fashion, but strongly believe faux fur is the way to go. Even buying all my clothes from second hand shops I still avoid real fur if I find it (and I have), I’m happy with my synthetic fur thank you very much! When I saw this prompt on the list I automatically knew I wanted to find some fabulous faux fur piece to wear. Luckily for me the Australian Red Cross op shops are filled with just such items.


I already have a really great light colour fur jacket that I wear a lot in winter, so I was on the lookout for something different to that. This faux fur cape fits the bill perfectly! I LOVE CAPES! This little number makes any outfit automatically glamorous just by throwing it on. I could be wearing my trackies and a sports bra under here and would still look totally fabulous!



The label on this fur cape clearly states it’s synthetic and made in Melbourne, but the texture is so lovely and soft. It’s a delight to wear and everyone wants to come up and pat me. This cape is the most expensive thing I bought for Restyle, at $25 I still feel it was an absolute bargain and a fantastic addition to my wardrobe.



Cape: Australian Red Cross Hamilton Hill $25
Dress: Australian Red Cross Hamilton Hill $5
Earrings: Australian Red Cross Mandurah $2
Belt: Op Shop
Shoes: Gorman
Stockings: Leona Edmiston


Photos by Liz from mypagesturned.com

The Restyle Photo-A-Day Challenge is proudly supported by Lotterywest

No comments:

Post a Comment