Tuesday 12 August 2014

Restyle Day 12 – Tom Boy

Today’s style prompt is Tomboy which I found a little bit obscure. For me being a tom boy is a characteristic, not a style, but I enjoyed the challenge of coming up with an outfit that fit the prompt.




I have a very clear memory of being at my best friend’s house and having a massive tantrum because she was playing soccer outside with our brothers and refused to come inside to play Barbies and My Little Pony with me. She was a tom boy and I was the girly girl, god knows how we made it to our late 20s still best friends!




Although I’ve definitely developed a love of playing sport over the years, I’ve never been a rough and tumble kind of girl. When I think of tomboys I think of nonchalance, comfort and practicality. They dress for action not to impress, so I wanted to embody a bit of that in my outfit (while still retaining my own style). This nautical jumper was in the men’s section (never forget the men’s section!), it’s over sized-ness means it’s super comfy and I love anything nautical themed. Throw on some denim, my trusty cons and a cute cap, this is exactly what I’d wear fishing, camping or four wheel driving with my boyfriend (which is about a tom-boyish as I get!)




Jumper: Australian Red Cross Shoalwater $7
Hat: Australian Red Cross Bentley $5
Shorts: Op Shop
Shoes: Converse
Sunglasses: Ray Ban


Photos by the magnificent Liz from mypagesturned.com

1 comment:

  1. That jumper is super cute! I'm kinda in love with all novelty knits at the moment ^___^

    ReplyDelete