Wednesday 4 February 2015

Liebster Award



A few months ago the lovely Jenelle from Inspiring Wit nominated me for a Liebster award, and then just last week Lauren from Lauren Loves Laughter nominated me as well. Liebster is an online award, awarded to bloggers by bloggers. The rule being that you answer the questions from the blogger who nominated you and you nominate other bloggers and provide them with a set of your own questions to answer. This is really just a great excuse to learn some fun personal things about bloggers you love. I was thrilled to be nominated by Jenelle and then Lauren, but I’ve been a terrible blogger and have only JUST got around to answering their  questions! Oops!

(that's me working hard on the questions!)

So without further ado here is a combination of both gorgeous bloggers questions…

Why do you think blogging is important? What do you get out of it?
Blogging is my creative outlet. It’s a way for me to share my ideas and outfits and thoughts in a forum of people who are actually interested. I work a 9-5 job sitting at a desk in an office that isn’t remotely creative, so being able to come home and write about skirts and scarves and vintage dresses is so lovely and cathartic. I can be completely myself with my blog because it’s a space that I created for exactly that purpose. I’m slowly starting to gain a bit of a local following, so I also really enjoy seeing my readers comments and feedback. Being a personal style blogger is frivolous and silly, but it’s super fun and I can’t believe I waited so long to start doing it!

What cheers you up if you've had a really bad day?
Op shopping! It’s my go-to therapy when something crap has happened or if I’m just feeling a bit flat and need a pick-me-up.

What do you pack in your weekend bag for a few days away?
Oh my gosh I LOVE packing for holidays, whether it’s a month in Europe or a two day camping trip, it’s honestly one of my favourite things. My holiday wardrobes differ, but there are a few items that come with me on any trip long or short…A vintage scarf (to hide dirty holiday hair), my iPad stocked full of cheesy chick lit, a couple of pairs of fab sunnies, Burts Bees Wax lip balm and my old grey converse.

Which runway show would you like to see most- if you could go to any?
Chanel or Dior Haute Couture… why not go right to the top hey?

If you could live anywhere in the world, where would that be?
I’ve lived in Canada, Fraser Island, Alice Springs and the Sunshine Coast and have done quite a bit of travelling around the world, but Perth is where I’m from and will always be my home. That being said I would LOVE to live in San Francisco or Amsterdam at some point in my life, even if only for a few months. I have a euro passport so I’m working towards making those dreams happen!

If you were a character in a TV show, which would it be?
Betty Draper or Blaire Waldorf, so I could get my hands on their wardrobes of course!

Favourite TV shows?
Oh gosh I have so many! Right now I’m watching Breaking Bad, Parks and Rec, Orange is the New Black, Brooklyn 99, Workaholics and Law & Order SVU (always!). I’ve seen every episode of Friends, Gossip Girl, Sex and the City and Scrubs multiple times and they are the shows I constantly go back to when I need a quick pick me up.

What is your theme song and why?
Oh gaaawwwwwd this is the hardest question. I’m just not a music person, which feels like such an awful thing to say. I enjoy music and I listen to Triple J all the time, but I’m terrible at remembering bands and song names, let alone actually purchasing an album or going to a concert. So can I modify this question slightly and tell you my karaoke song? Yes? Thanks so much ;) It’s TLC’s No Scrubs. I had a rather embarrassing attempt at this particular tune while extremely drunk in New York a few years ago and ever since then I vowed to master it and learn all the lyrics. It’s the only karaoke song I’ve got… I’m very much a one trick pony when it comes to music!

What is your guilty pleasure?
Aside from buying stupidly expensive sunglasses, I’d have to say cheese. I’d happily eat cheese for every meal of the day (and have definitely inhaled many a cheese board in my time). I’ve recently started to try and cut out dairy from my diet but giving up stilton and camembert is just not an option!  


And now I get to nominate some of my favourite bloggers!

Demelza from Demelza Buckley, Casey from Louder Than Nostalgia and Joce from Fashion 2.1 you’re up! Here are your questions…

Why did you start blogging?
What is your karaoke song?
What three things from your wardrobe would you grab if your house is burning down?
What is the next destination on your travel list?
What is your favourite thing to cook?

The Liebester Award rules:
Link back to the blogger who nominated you. Answer the questions given by the nominator. Nominate other bloggers for the award. Create questions for those nominees to answer. Grab a Liebster Award button for your blog. Let the bloggers know you nominated them!



 

1 comment:

  1. I love your blogging space

    www.blogsbygabrielle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete