Wednesday 5 March 2014

Harry High Pants



I wore this on the first day of Autumn, which is a bit disappointing because this outfit is pretty much as summery as you can get. As you know I have been hanging out for colder weather, which makes me feel a little bit like a traitor to my heat loving friends. But I can’t help it. I’m looking at my gorgeous fur trimmed coats and dying for a chilly day so I can rug up. (I’ve even been researching holidays in the snow so I have an excuse to wear some of my REALLY warm coats… too far?)



I know that in a few months’ time when it’s dark until 7:30am and raining so badly I can’t wear nice shoes that I will wish it was Summer again, so I need to make the most of these last few weeks of sunshine and warmth. 




I had a lovely long weekend to mark the first days of Autumn. I went bike riding with my friend on Saturday, so I needed to wear some bike-friendly attire. I still haven’t mastered the art of wearing a skirt whilst riding a bike, I just keep flashing all of the poor people I ride past. This outfit was a perfect one for a lazy cruise around my sweet neighbourhood. I’m loving high waisted shorts, they are seriously my favourite and I can’t believe it took me so long to realise my love of high waisted skirts would surely translate to high waisted pants/shorts. These white ones are a new addition and I’m quite disappointed I didn’t find them at the start of Summer. But that’s OK, I enjoy the challenge of wearing clothes all year round and finding ways to make them seasonally-appropriate. I can already visualise these shorts with a knit top, boots and a blazer for a more wintry look.





Did someone say Winter? Please Mr Weather Man, help a girl out! 

Shorts: Op Shop
Shirt: Op Shop
Wedges: Seed
Sunglasses: Ray Ban

No comments:

Post a Comment