Thursday 13 March 2014

Nothing To Wear


I have a million clothes and nothing to wear. It’s a real issue that affects women everywhere… kidding! It’s best kind of problem to have really, but it can still be a pain in the butt when you want to throw something on and nothing quite works. God knows why it even happens, normally I have no problem putting together an outfit quickly, but on Sunday afternoon I was struck down by this serious affliction. After spending the morning in my pyjamas sorting through stuff for my garage sale I was quite happy to get out of the house and have a wine at the pub to end the weekend. But a terrible combination of dirty hair and a fat day meant I could NOT FIND ANYTHING to wear. 




I literally tried on seven other outfits while the boyfriend patiently tapped his foot at the door until I finally stomped out of the house wearing this. When we got to the pub my brother immediately said I looked like a pirate. Excellent. 




After a wine or two I was feeling quite happy with my 1960’s Bardot look (NOT 1860’s pirate wench thank you very much). The wide scarf in my hair is cleverly hiding my awful roots. I did feel like it was going to slip off the back of my head the whole night, but it didn’t! Hooray! 



You can’t really go wrong with a simple white cotton top and denim. Why didn’t that occur to me when I first attempted to get dressed? Now I know, I’ll try to remember it when I’m next struck down with nothing-to-wear syndrome. 

Top: Op Shop
Skirt: Op Shop
Belt: Country Road, Op Shop
Espadrilles: Country Road, Ebay
Scarf: Op Shop
Earrings: Lovisa* 

 
*Originally bought for a White Trash dress up party, but I actually not-so-secretly love them!

No comments:

Post a Comment