Monday 18 November 2013

High Tea Ladies

There are very few occasions that call for pretty dresses and heels during the day. Weddings are the obvious one, but in my 26 years I have only ever been to one wedding (seriously friends, get a move on!) so it's safe to say that glam day dressing is a rarity for me. I still do it, obviously, but it's nice to have an occasion that calls for it. I don't always enjoy being that strange lady in the post office with a crinoline under her skirt and very high heels on a random Tuesday. (I lie, I always enjoy being that person)


Any way, this past Sunday I had an occasion that required fancy day dress! Hooray! A good friend of mine was visiting from Sydney and organised for a bunch of girls to go to a high tea. Tiny cakes and champagne? A pretty dress is practically mandatory! We went to Rochelle Adonis, which is THE place to have high tea in Perth. We had to make a reservation two months in advance and pay a deposit when we booked. Madness!


It was a really nice afternoon, catching up with friends, eating tiny delicious food and exclaiming about every ones outfits. I was excited to get the chance to wear my back up Melbourne Cup outfit (another great day dressing occasion!). I found this new season Cue dress in an op shop a few weeks ago, I snapped it up for $9! The colour is perfect for a fancy day time affair and I really like how structured it is. It looks a bit crumpled in these pictures because I didn't get a chance to take photos before I stuffed my face with miniature tarts.


I also took the opportunity to wear my floral headband from Anna Chandler which matches this dress perfectly. I felt a bit silly when I first put it on, but I actually forgot I was wearing it after awhile. I matched the roses on our table perfectly as well, so I think it was a good choice in the end!


Aside from my headband, my whole outfit is op shopped. I always get excited when everything I'm wearing is thrifted, it's like a little win I can notch up on my imaginary headboard of op shop successes. I particularly like my new vintage brooch, which unfortunately you can hardly see in these pictures. I bought it on Saturday for $2!


I love how pretty every one looks! It was such a fun afternoon, I am definitely a high tea convert!


Excuse how terrible my hair looks, as nice as Rochelle Adonis was, their air con was crap, so it was a zillion degrees inside and my beautifully groomed hair (I just went to the hair dresser on Saturday) soon turned in to a sweaty frizzy mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment