Friday 8 November 2013

Setting Goals

I've been AWOL from In The Dress Up Box lately, sorry about that! Life just got carried away there for awhile. I've actually had a great few weeks, on Tuesday I went to the Cottesloe Beach Club to watch the Melbourne Cup and won best dressed! It was so exciting. I didn't take many pictures of my outfit because I wore basically the same thing as I did for my birthday (you can see it here) plus a big red floral fascinator. Below is a dodgy iPhone picture from the day, I got a giant bottle of champagne and a really cute clutch! I may have lost $30 trying to bet on the horses, but I feel like I definitely came out a winner. 

The next six weeks leading up to Christmas are going to be hectic and wonderful. We've got my boyfriend's family coming to visit from Queensland, a tropical holiday to look forward to, plus I've planned quite a few Christmas parties (including another clothes swap!). I also can't wait to decorate our house and start baking festive treats with my housemates, first on the agenda is a ginger bread house! 


With a busy time ahead of me, I thought it would be a good idea to set some goals for myself. Elsie from A Beautiful Mess encouraged her readers to make a short list of goals to achieve before the end of the year. I've never really been one to make New Years resolutions, but with 53 days until 2014, I think setting myself some achievable targets is a great idea.

So within the next 53 days I hope to...
  1. Learn how to use my camera a bit better
  2. Make a full circle skirt from scratch
  3. Wear scarves in my hair more often
  4. Make at least half of my Christmas gifts

To kick off the goal achieving, I am wearing a scarf in my hair today! I seriously have so many beautiful silk scarfs that never see the light of day because I'm not quite sure how to style them. This little purple op shopped Oroton one is a great size and shape for wearing in your hair. My vintage dress was op shopped a few years ago (can't remember the price sorry!), my flower earrings are from the Melville Markets, shoes are from Asos and my brooch (which you can hardly see in the pictures) is another one from my Grandma. 

I'll keep you posted with how I go ticking off my goals!

No comments:

Post a Comment