Thursday 2 October 2014

Kaftan Season

Kaftan season is nearly upon us! Do you think that's a thing? I think it definitely should be! Who doesn't want to don a brightly coloured, boldly pattered kaftan and swan around all summer? I know I do!





Unfortunately brightly coloured, boldly pattered kaftans don't really flatter anyone ever, so when I found this amazing 70s beauty in an op shop the other day I knew it was destined for a chop before I could actually wear it out of the house. 




A few minutes at the sewing machine and my maxi is now a mini! So much more wearable! I'm sinching it in at the waist with a belt and wearing boots now, but I can just imagine it in a month or so with towering wedges, a larger hat and even larger sunglasses. 



I still have the left over fabric, which is so fantastic, I'm going to have to make something with it... maybe a turban?

Dress: Op Shop
Belt: Op Shop
Boots: Tony Bianco
Socks: Target
Sunglasses: Ray Ban
Earrings: Lovisa


No comments:

Post a Comment