Friday 6 September 2013

Designer OTT

Tonight my boyfriend took me out for a wonderful dinner for my birthday. When getting ready for my dinner date I decided to go all out, it's my birthday so why the hell not?! I wanted to layer on my designer items, but not look too designer-ish (impossible anyway because my designer wardobe is very limited!). My boyfriend sometimes gets overwhelmed by my overwhelming dress sense, so when we go on dates I try to dress 'normally' but still retain my general style.



I think this outfit is a perfect example of a 'boyfriend friendly' outfit! This dress is Diane Von Furstenberg. I got it for $7 from Good Sammies in Osbourne Park and it's amazing. Every time I wear it I feel like a bombshell, it's 100% silk and totally gorgeous. The fit is perfect and super flattering for a curvy girl like myself. 



My shoes are Witner, bought for $10 from Salvos in Belmont a few days ago, they are fantastic summer sandals, I think I'll get heaps of use out of them. My gold bangle is Givenchy inherited from my Grandma and the other two bracelets are Ted Baker bought at Nordstrom in Seattle.



My clutch is (relatively) vintage Louis Vuitton that I picked up at a consignment store in San Francisco, it always makes me feel a little glamorous and I don't use it often enough. So this outfit is completely second hand, but still involves designers, fancy jewellery and expensive shoes. I honestly don't know why anyone would buy stuff from high street shops or department stores when you can find amazing stuff for a tenth of the price at op shops!





No comments:

Post a Comment