Friday 19 February 2016

Back to the Salvos


I almost didn’t share these images with you, because after staring at them for an hour while editing I realised that this dress isn’t actually very flattering. I actually realised this the moment I started snapping pictures before heading off to work last week. But it was too late to go home and change so I just had to suck it up and see out the day. I figure this is probably something a lot of you are familiar with. Realising a moment too late that your outfit/hair/makeup just isn’t quite right but there’s nothing you can do but ride it out. Definitely a first world problem, but a problem none the less!




This dress has a lot going for it. It’s red, which I love. It’s a lovely thick stretchy jersey fabric which is super comfy and it’s got a high enough neck and low enough hem to be appropriate for the office. All good points! Unfortunately it’s the weird little non-sleeves, which aren’t quite capped but aren’t fully sleeveless which make me look like I have gigantic man arms and I swear I don’t!



So it’s back to the Salvos you go stretchy red dress, hopefully someone with lovely thin arms and not quite so much ass will give you a good home!

Dress: Salvos Fremantle $6
Shoes: Salvos Osborne Park $10
Necklace: Vintage shop in San Francisco
Bracelet: Op Shop


P.S I had to take ONE MILLION photos to capture these six OK ones for the blog... not a great sign! 

3 comments:

  1. Yes, I have experienced this many times, I have been known to hit up the emergency shop (opens at 7.30) or Kmart before work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I know exactly what you mean about thinking you look great and then realising you look shit, but you did a great job of picking those 6 photos!

    ReplyDelete