Monday 13 July 2015

Spin the Pin

Today I’m doing a bit of a twist on my usual Street Style Steal posts. The lovely Jo from iCurvy launched her own monthly style challenge, which is fairly similar to my idea but encourages everyone to give it a go (damn why didn’t I think of that?!). So I thought this month I would join in the fun and Spin the Pin. Basically Jo selects an image from Pinterest and then asks people to put their own spin on the style. This month the challenge is to reinterpret this image from Not Dress As Lamb



Boy oh boy do I love mixing prints, this challenge is right up my alley! Here’s my interpretation:






I really love this outfit, it was so fun to wear! I started with my newly thrifted tribal print skirt and then added some stripes and a leopard scarf. Mixing prints is pretty easy to pull off, you just need to keep the patterns tonal. My denim jacket anchors the three different prints and stripes basically go with everything, so as busy as this outfit looks it was actually very simple to put together.




I HAD to include my new Karen Walker sunnies with this outfit as well, just another pattern to throw into the mix! You’ve probably noticed I have a somewhat large collection of sunnies, they are truly my weakness. I hardly ever buy them full price though and I was lucky enough to nab these new season Karen Walkers for $80 from eBay. Talk about a bargain, I just couldn’t resist!






What do you think? Will you Spin the Pin this month and giving pattern clashing a go?

Skirt: Good Sammies Subiaco $5
Top: Bindaring Red Cross sale 50c
Jacket: Salvos Osborne Park $15
Scarf: Brooklyn flea market
Clutch: Red Cross Duncraig $8
Shoes: Marni, eBay
Sunglasses: Karen Walker, eBay



No comments:

Post a Comment