Wednesday 28 January 2015

Life Recently

Hello! I forgot to do a Life Recently post in December, the silly season seemed to take over my life for a while there! But it’s 2015 and I’m back at it. Life has been hectic with all the usual stuff (work, volleyball, blog etc) but last weekend I found time to stop, drink some champagne and celebrate my wonderful Dad’s 60th birthday. I could babble on for pages about how excellent he is, but to save some time I’ll just say that he’s the most inspiring person I know and I feel lucky every day to have him looking out for me.



So with that little bit of mush out of the way, here’s what else I have been up to recently…

Eating a packed lunch! I'm keeping up the habit and my wallet is thanking me!
Drinking lots of champagne, there seems to be constantly something to celebrate
Cooking new recipes, in the spirit of the new year I am trying to broaden my cooking repertoire, so far so good!
Watching Breaking Bad, I never got in to this show when it originally came out, but now I can’t get enough
Buying nothing new! I’m swearing off the mall for a year, read about it here
Wearing silk and cotton and not much else, it’s just too hot for anything synthetic
Reading Dark Places and Sharp Objects both by Gillian Flynn (of Gone Girl fame) and both harrowingly good
Avoiding online sales, I still get all the discount code emails and it’s killing me
Browsing Pinterest for my Street Style looks to steal, there are SO MANY!
Dreaming of my next holiday (always!)



All photos from my instagram (@inthedressupbox)


1 comment:

  1. Love these life recently posts - it's nice getting a little glimpse into what you've been up to, and that photo of you and your Dad is so sweet :) I'm with you on trying to avoid the online sales - I'm also trying to limit my buying this year and it's so hard to resist when you're constantly getting emails (I've had to unsubscribe from so many!)

    I just wanted to let you know that I've nominated you for a Liebster Award which is basically a little question and answer post to spread the love amongst bloggers and is a great way to find new blogs! If you're interested in doing it all the info is in my most recent post :)

    Lauren xx

    ReplyDelete