Wednesday 14 May 2014

True Colours

So I started a new job recently and my whole outfit game has been thrown off by my new environment. For the first few days in my new office I was wearing the most bland boring clothes I had in order to not look like a crazy person (my natural state). You see, my new work place is very serious and very smart. I need to look professional all the time and that’s much harder than I anticipated!


So far I haven’t bought any new clothes specifically for my new job, I’ve just been working with what I already have lurking in my wardrobe. Pencil skirts and blouses seem to be the way to go, but that doesn’t mean I have to be totally boring. After three days of greys and blacks I knew I had to break out my true colours.



This has to be one of my favourite colour combinations of late. Red, maroon and mustard… who knew it would look so good?! This blouse is a relatively new addition (from the $2 rack at Vinnies!!) and I have worn it three times already. It turns out that maroon goes with lots of things and the neck line is just so elegant, I love it!



Even though the colours in this outfit are fairly out there, the style of each piece is conservative enough to allow me to wear it to work and not get too many side-eyes. In the coming weeks I think I’ll do a little op-shopping and look specifically for business style separates in bold colours or prints, which will hopefully let me retain a little bit of my personal style in my new office.

Top: Op Shop
Skirt: Op Shop (I have the matching suit jacket with gigantic shoulder pads, it’s amazing but I’m not sure how to style it just yet)
Jacket: Op Shop*
Shoes: Seed
Sunglasses: Pared Eyewear

No comments:

Post a Comment