Friday 16 May 2014

Sucked in by Zara

I know I preach about avoiding fast fashion a fair bit, but I was in Bali a few weeks ago and could not help getting swept up in the excitement of their huge Zara store. Their visual merchandising is so beautiful and the floor lay out was so inviting, I spent a good few hours trawling through the massive shop and picking out some items to take home. We don’t have Zara in Perth yet, so even though I know they mass produce their stock in the hundreds of thousands, it still felt like I was shopping for something unique.



I ended up buying two dresses (both $59 each). The zip on one of the dresses broke the first time I put it on, even though I was able to return it to the store and get a replacement, the whole experience was a little shattered for me. I knew when I was buying the two dresses that they weren’t as great quality as some of the stuff I buy for $5 at Salvos, but I was caught up in the experience and just wanted to buy something. This is the dress that didn’t break. I love the digital print and the cut is very flattering and comfortable, but after wearing it for a day at work I realised the fabric does not breath AT ALL (note to self: don’t forget deodorant!).



My jacket on the other hand is vintage and it’s fabulous! I love the white piping and it matches my Zara dress so perfectly. I’m looking forward to wearing it with something red and white, to really bring home the nautical feel of it. So all in all, I’m more excited about my vintage jacket then I am about my two brand new dresses. I must remember that next time I’m sucked in to a chain store by their clever styling!


Dress: Zara
Jacket: Op Shop*
Shoes: Kenneth Cole


*Jacket number 5

No comments:

Post a Comment