Monday 26 October 2015

Spots and Stripes


While I’m really loving the Frocktober Challenge I’m finding that wearing a dress every day is just too easy. Don’t get me wrong, I love easy dressing, but recently I’ve really been enjoying the challenge of mixing and layering prints/patterns/accessories to create a unique look. Throwing on a dress and walking out the door is just too simple, I need a challenge! So here I am with another sneaky way to wear a frock while not exactly feeling like you are. Instead of layering a skirt over a dress like I did last week, I’ve layered a t-shirt over a dress! Ta da!



This outfit fits all the criteria… it’s a frock, it involves more than one item of clothing and it’s suuuuuper comfy. On Friday I really wanted to wear something casual to the office. I’d worn heels and fitted frocks all week and I just wanted something comfy and relaxed for the last day of the working week. Unfortunately my office doesn’t do casual Friday every Friday, so I still had to pull together an outfit that looked vaguely professional. I think I achieved just that with this monochrome look (black and white is always profesh right?).




I layered one of my favourite dresses with my trusty striped tee, pulled out my most comfortable sandals and added a red lip… ready to conquer the day (and then go home and demolish a glass of wine, because: Friday). What do you think? Do you love dresses because they are so easy to wear or do you enjoy the challenge of putting together a cool outfit from a bunch of separate pieces?



Dress: Op Shop
T-shirt: Op Shop
Shoes: Good Sammies Subiaco $6
Belt: Op Shop



P.S I finally found my Mac Russian Red lipstick! I’d lost it for ages and was starting to consider buying another, so I was super excited to find it waiting forlornly for me in the pocket of a hand bag I haven’t used for months. Hoorah!

3 comments:

  1. I've been wearing a different dress every work day and although it's an easy option once you get the right one, sometimes I just haven't felt like it - weather or mood - but I've pushed on regardless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the stripe/dots combo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pattern mixing Hannah! Can't believe those are op-shop finds!

    Some days I love to put on a dress and not think on how to match it, and some days I feel adventurous and zany and will mix and clash things together. Depends on my mood and time available!

    Love the MAC Russian Red on you.....you look absolutely amazing!

    xoxo, JoAnn Goh
    www.theglamwhisperer.com

    ReplyDelete