Tuesday 21 April 2015

Life Recently

April has been an exhilarating, exhausting and emotional month. I went on holiday, moved house and fell in to a pit of despair when my beloved dog died. When something shitty happens it’s so easy to fall into a hole and feel sorry for yourself. A good cry is healthy but as cliché as it sounds, you really do need to focus on all the positive things just carry on. When I made a list of pros and cons in my life, my pros faaaarrrrr outweigh the cons. Even though some months aren’t as great as others, I’m a pretty lucky lady and I just needed to remember it.




This month I’ve been…

Eating Easter eggs, I’ve got a seemingly bottomless stash to eat my way through
Drinking Water, water and more water!
Cooking not much, Luke and I have moved in with my parents until our house is ready in June, so I’m thoroughly enjoying some home cooked meals ala Mum!
Watching Game of Thrones, I also re-read the relevant book to remind myself what I’m in for this season, so much is going to happen (but my lips are sealed, you’ll get no spoilers from me)
Reading Roxy Jacenko’s books, I churned through The Rumor Mill and The Spotlight while in Bali, and I’m not sure I liked them. The main character was pretty awful and the writing wasn’t particularly great, but they were easy to read hence I got through 2 in 5 days. Has anyone else read her books? I’d be interested to know what you think.
Buying NOTHING! I did not buy one single thing while I was on holiday in Bali, I was tempted a few times, but didn’t want to break my Buy Nothing New pledge so I resisted (I’m very impressed with myself)
Wearing COATS! It’s finally cold enough to bring out my trench, leopard, leather and wool coats. I’m beyond happy!
Avoiding buying more coats. I have enough but I’m constantly finding more, I need to physically stop myself trying them on because I’m too weak to resist once I know they fit.
Browsing for flared jeans, I’m desperate for a pair but don’t want to break my shopping ban, so I’ve been madly scanning the denim racks in every op shop I come across.
Dreaming of colourful home wares and bright art and vintage side boards, my new house to nearly finished and I’m so excited to decorate and style it up!



And finally I’m hanging out for the Bindaring Red Cross Sale on the 16th of May, I can’t wait to get my hands on their fabulous vintage and designer haul!


 

1 comment: