Friday 4 December 2015

Candy Cane



So throughout the month of December everything in my wardrobe that’s red or white (or the ultimate, red AND white) gets a serious work out. This striped dress makes me feel festive all year round, but in December I feel like a veritable candy cane! IT’S PERFECT! Of course I had to accessorise my stripes with more stripes and more red, because… Christmas.


Dressing for work in December gets a bit tricky because it starts to get seriously HOT. Finding work appropriate outfits that don’t leave you a big, frizzy, sweaty mess is a challenge. Last summer I stocked up on a number of sleeveless light-weight dresses (like this one) which can be worn to the office and don’t raise too many eyebrows. Just throw on the right accessories and you’re good to go!


While I was recovering from my operation I had to protect my throat and so I got into the habit of wearing a little silk scarf around my neck. It seems to give every outfit a vintage vibe which I love, so I’ve carried on doing it. Finding new ways to wear some of my favourite accessories is just the best! Aside from feeling exceptionally festive, I also feel a little bit French. The perfect combo I think!



Dress: Hand-me-down
Scarf: Bindaring Red Cross Sale $1
Brooch: Gift
Shoes: Salvos Osborne Park $10
Sunglasses: Pared Eyeware

1 comment: