Friday, 11 December 2015

A Festive Fiesta




Yesterday was the first of my work Christmas parties and boy was it a doozy! First of all it started at midday, which meant we only had to work for half a day (always a good thing) and second of all it was Spanish themed! A Festive Fiesta! God knows I love a theme, particularly a double one (Christmas AND Spanish?! AMAZING!). As soon as I received the save-the-date email about a month ago I knew exactly what I’d be wearing. This outfit is made up of bits and pieces I already had floating around my wardrobe. I actually love it, and was so pleased to have an excuse to wear it all.




This vintage skirt is one of those things that I hardly wear, but I can just never bring myself to part with it. It somehow survives every wardrobe cull, even though I wear it maybe once a year and it takes up heaps of space and it’s totally impractical (the three things that go through my head every time I’m doing a cull). But I just love it. I found it in the costume section of an op shop a few years ago, the costume rack is always a great place to look because that’s often where the ‘crazy’ vintage pieces ends up. Teamed with my vintage peasant top and all the flower clips I own, I think I look suitably dressed for a Festive Fiesta!




Now if someone could please bring me some hot chips and a diet coke, that would be just fab #toomuchfreechampagne

Skirt: Salvos Freo $14
Top: Hand-me-down (thanks Gerri!)
Sandals: Miu Miu, eBay
Earrings: Kmart
Bangle: Op shop





5 comments:

  1. Nature with beauty, earring and bracelets fully suited with this outfit.
    women earrings

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like we have the same recovery program requirements, except my Coke is full-strength! Love this look, very Feliz Navidad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your hair very Spanish! I love this time of year with all the Xmas festivities!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing hair bun with roses ...you are looking beautiful

    ReplyDelete