Monday 28 October 2013

Around the World in 15 Outfits - Designers!

Did you have a happy Sunday? It was such a glorious day and I had a great time wondering around the Fremantle Seafood Festival (I ate far too many sardines!). My outfit yesterday was a bit more casual than I normally go, but I received so many compliments on it, maybe I'll have to dress down more often! 



My travel tip for today is to keep an eye out for local designers. When I was in Paris I was determined to find a vintage Hermes scarf or some Dior (hmmm a bit too ambitious I think!), I didn't find any Hermes, but I did stumble across this fantastic Celine t-shirt for 10 euros!



When op shopping in Perth I have been lucky enough to find some European designs hidden amongst the piles of Made In China clothing, but it's still fairly uncommon. Finding something like a Celine t-shirt in Perth would be pretty unheard of, but in Paris it's a little more likely. It's great to do some research about local designers before you go out vintage hunting, just so you know what labels to keep an eye out for. To be honest, I wasn't looking for Celine when I was rummaging about in Paris, but I automatically recognised the label and snapped it up like... well, like Celine in an op shop! 



I don't wear a lot of t-shirts so I struggled to style this for a while. Today I'm going super casual with my $6 denim skirt. My belt is a new op shop find ($1 from Vinnies), my trusty red Sportsgirl sandals and straw fedora are going to be summer staples, I can just feel it! I also whacked on some bangles at the last minute, the white one with gold bows is Ted Baker and the gold one is Givenchy (fancy! I found it in my Grandma's jewellery box).

No comments:

Post a Comment