Tuesday 23 February 2016

Powerless




Just like the last glass of wine in a bottle or a lovely slice of cake, I am totally powerless to resist the pull of a good vintage dress. You’d think I’d have enough by now, but the moment I spy that crazy print poking out from a rack of chain store duds in an op shop I have a VERY hard time walking away.




This amazing dress was no different. It was on the $1 rack and I grabbed it without even trying it on. When I got home I found that it was actually being held together almost entirely by dress pins, with all of the seams coming apart. It was in dire need of some TLC, so I sewed it all back together and chopped off a bit of the length and then promptly wore it out. It’s so fabulous I just could not resist!



I can always find space for another vintage dress! What are your wardrobe weaknesses? You're allowed more then one, my other is sunglasses (if you couldn't guess!).


Dress: Save the Children Subiaco $1
Shoes: RSPCA Palmyra $5
Bag: Vinnies Claremont $7
Brooch (on hat): Vinnies Myaree $3
Hat: Vintage, eBay
Sunglasses: Karen Walker, eBay


2 comments: