Monday 27 June 2016

Life Recently

OK so I think it’s safe to say that June 2016 has been a KILLER month. In the best possible way! So many big things have been happening, I feel like in four weeks I’ve suddenly become a grown up (and at 28 years old it’s probably about time). I find myself driving to work every morning with a stupid grin on my face as I think about all the wonderful things that are falling in to place. I know this is all a bit soppy, but dang as if I’m not going to savour every single moment!




So aside from feeling all gooey inside, here’s what else I’ve been up to:

Eating: a lot… probably should calm down a little on the carb consumption
Drinking: mucho coffee!
Wearing: a lot of colour to combat the exceptionally cold winter mornings
Buying: a vintage peacock chair! After a very arduous search I finally found one on gumtree that didn’t cost the Earth
Dreaming: of EVERYTHING. Engagement party, decorating, wedding, travel… ahhh!
Avoiding: paperwork, my life admin is getting a little out of control
Watching: Always Sunny in Philadelphia, my current go-to for good giggle
Reading: nothing right now… binge-scrolling through Pinterest probs doesn’t count right?
Doing: lots of fun puppy walks, Blue is obsessed with leaping and racing through the bush so I'm on the hunt for dog friendly bush walking tracks, Noble Falls is one of our favs!



Aside from all the awesome stuff, my baby brother has skipped town and moved to London. It’s so exciting for him, but very bittersweet for me. He’s one of my favourite people in the whole world so while I’m super pumped he’s finally having a Big Adventure, I selfishly wish he’d stuck around Perth just a little longer (or you know, forever).  


If it’s even possible July and August are going to be just as fun as June. We’re weekending down south, celebrating our engagement with a big party, camping up north, swimming with whale sharks (!!!!) and sneaking off for a girl’s trip to Bali. Sounds great right?!


P.S The last image on the right is an epic aerial shot of Shark Bay by the guys at Salty Wings, I desperately want one of their prints to hang in my house (hint hint anyone who needs to buy me a present!) 

5 comments:

  1. It's so good to see some colour and happiness on these cold winter days !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Tell your brother welcome to town! I know the bittersweet feeling - my sister lives in Sydney. I can't be sad about it though because it's so beautiful there and she's so happy! Congrats on your engagement and enjoy the months ahead. I LOVED Shark Bay, have an amazing time and definitely buy a print!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have just read its blogsite related to Women's Boutique Hilton Head and truly its design quality and collection is just awesome Women's Boutique Hilton Head and Best Contemporary Clothing Store is its services. above board its just sensational. If you are are the attire's lover of course you will have to visit its web portal.

    ReplyDelete