Thursday 23 January 2014

Jump-suited Up

I've mentioned it a few times on this blog, but I find it amazing how much what I'm wearing can affect my mood. Do you ever find that? If I'm feeling sick or a bit sad then nothing makes me feel more like my usual happy self than a fun outfit or a bright lipstick. It's almost like my clothes are willing me back to normal. 

I op-shopped this jumpsuit a few weeks before Christmas and hadn't been brave enough to wear it yet. So when I woke up last Wednesday morning feeling a bit off, I knew the one thing to pull me out of my funk was this bright patchwork printed beauty. 



I've always been a bit weary of jumpsuits, I've got a long body so most never fit me correctly (hello camel toe!) and even when I find them that do look flattering, I have never actually been confident enough to wear one. When I found this one hiding in the dress section of Fremantle Salvos I figured it was worth a try for $7. And I am SO GLAD I took it home! I seriously felt like I was wearing my pyjamas all day long. Super comfy and so stretchy, it is the perfect outfit for when you want to look pulled together but also remain insanely comfortable. 


My lovely new Ray Ban aviators, op-shopped hat, Hobbs wedges and Dinosaur Designs bangle pulled the whole look together. This outfit was my first little attempt at following my style resolutions and dressing out of my comfort zone. It's not totally pushing my boundaries, but it was a great start and I can't wait to experiment a bit more!





No comments:

Post a Comment